11.11.2008

Cooking vs Creation

The story from the beloved movie Ratatouille taught us that "anyone can cook". I agree. I believe anyone can be taught how to follow a recipe and execute it properly. It's being done daily in restaurants, hotels and schools world wide.

However, it's one thing to build a career in this industry following others visions, being told what to make and how to make it. It's another thing completely to have an idea spark in your own mind, to take that and build upon it, forming your own creative aspect and delivering on it from start to finish. This to me is the real test.

We are all on a culinary journey.... it's up to you whether you want to create your own path or are just happy being along for the ride.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoy being on the journey when you are creating and we are sitting back and enjoying. Keep on rockin'.

Oliver said...

Thank you for your kind words...

..do I know you?