10.17.2008

Rant: Too many restaurants, not enough good food!

Attention to a select group of restaurant owners....

Why the lack of focus on good food? Have we as people become so mundane in our eating habits that you think feeding us any old slop will do? I don't care about your state of the art decor or beautiful magazine model servers flashing their chest. Some of the best food I've ever had the pleasure of tasting has been in some dumpy little places, with old haggard looking waitresses. That is all OK with me, I'm there to pay for a good meal not your interior designers costs. Find good cooks and pay them according, they really are the backbone of your business (since you are in the business of food).

If I wanted to eat bad food and have tits thrown in my face for a good tip, I'd go to a strip club. At least there I'm not obligated to eat the bad food.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! Oh, sharp tongue. But so true.

Anonymous said...

i found a good restaurant and great food! cafe medina for brunch. deeeelicious. we had waffles with lavender chocolate for starters and then i had a pulled pork sandwich and watercress,endive, and apple salad. geez louise so tasty!!! l

Anonymous said...

Hear hear! Some of the best food I've had lately stems from this tiny Korean cafe on West Hastings and Richards. The storefront is practically non-existent and they can only fit 15 people inside, but the care they put into their food is evidenced by the revolving door of regular customers...myself included.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Oliver!

I've answered your inquiry into the Korean cafe with a post to mark the occasion =)

http://tinybites.ca/2008/11/07/an-open-love-letter-to-sandwich-garden-korean-cafe/

Anonymous said...

brilliant... so sadly true,